Wednesday, June 18, 2008

1st Week of Recovery

It's Wednesday, and surprise, surprise, I have no patience for this recovery business. I'm constantly tired, I have swollen lymph nodes in the back of my head and behind my right ear, I'm still a bit light-headed, and I still have an awful taste in my mouth. There, I've listed my major complaints. Now I can be grateful for the cure I assume I've been given, for the end of the IV treatments, for no more fever, chills, or aches. While I'm not used to sitting around doing absolutely nothing, I have bonded with my cat. I'm ready to get back into being busy though. Now where did I put my motivation four weeks ago? It's got to be in me somewhere! One of these mornings I'll wake up and be full of vim and vigor - okay, I can almost hear my husband laughing cause that's not me in the morning. However, after a cup of coffee it's a different story! Maybe that's the secret ingredient - coffee. I haven't had a cup of coffee for a very long time. I'm not really wanting it yet, but maybe it will taste good again. I only have two more Ensures left, which means I'll need a new breakfast by Saturday. I guess that will have to be my first coffee morning.

I have a 3:00 meeting scheduled at work tomorrow, so there's no backing down this time. I'm going in! Gee, wonder if Murphy (the cat) wants to go along? Well, back to getting my stacks of papers and books into some kind of order by 5:00pm so it's easier to walk away from it tomorrow.

If my husband asks you, please tell him that yes I did take a multi-vitamin today. I promise to take one everyday, and I hope that they're packed full of energy.

No comments: