Wednesday, June 11, 2008

16th Treatment

What a difference a day makes! When my husband asked me Monday night if there was anything he could get me, I said Tuesday morning. Yesterday went much better than the day before it. Because I told the nurses about the problems I had with nausea, they added another medicine to the IV yesterday. Whether that was the reason or not, I had no problems with nausea last night. I came home from treatment and went right to bed again, but was up after about 3 hours. I was feverish and achy, but it was certainly tolerable. I sat in front of the TV wrapped in a blanket until bedtime.

I'm lightheaded this morning, but I'm sure pushing some liquids will help with that. I've had an awful taste in my mouth that never goes away, which masks the true flavor of foods and makes things taste bad. Salty things taste way too salty, and tasteless things like water have the bad taste I carry in my mouth. It seems as though creamy things like pudding, milkshakes, and Ensure taste the best. One of the nurses recommended mashed potatoes, which I haven't tried yet.

I'm hoping that the rest of the week's treatments will go the same as yesterday's. I'm almost home-free! My eyes tear up just thinking about what it will feel like on Friday to finally be done.

16 down, 3 to go

No comments: