Tuesday, June 10, 2008

15th Treatment

I had a quiet weekend fighting nausea. My stomach was unsettled which made eating an issue again. Ironically, it remained unsettled until I was sitting in the chair waiting for the IV to start my treatment. I told the nurses that, at that moment, I was feeling the best I had felt in a week. If I can believe the scale, I've lost 15 pounds so far. Yeah, an unsettled stomach will do that. After telling them about my stomach problems, they called in a prescription for compazine for me.

My bloodwork showed that the platelets dropped a little again, but everything else seemed to be holding steady.

When we got home, I decided to go straight to bed since my head was hurting so much. I slept for a couple of hours and woke up with a major fever, chills, headache, and upset stomach. My body hurt too much to stay in bed, as I couldn't get comfortable. It was still light outside, so I got up, hoping that a little movement would help. Well, my stomach was so nauseous that I was afraid to have anything pass by my lips. Eventually, I was able to take sips of Sprite, and then finally took a compazine. I'm so glad they called in that script for me. It seemed to do the trick.

The headache lingered into this morning, but is now gone of course since I'll be leaving for treatment soon. I'm hoping that that will be the worst of it this week.

15 down, 4 to go

No comments: