Friday, May 30, 2008

9th Treatment

Two weeks down! I'll call it halfway! They were able to reuse the IV in my left hand but it became quite uncomfortable partway through and I wondered whether I would be able to finish. The vein just doesn't seem to hold up well as my hand and arm get colder. Keeping it warm seems to help a little bit. My assignment for the weekend is to try some protein drink samples they had at the office and report back which one I liked the best. I just put the milk chocolate Ensure in the refrigerator, so I guess I'll try that tomorrow. The nurse said that since I'm not eating much that I need to be smart about what I eat and really make it count - in other words, push the protein. The scrambled egg I had this morning was a good example and she also suggested peanut butter toast.

It was nice enough outside that I just sacked out on the patio after treatment and enjoyed the sounds and smells of nature. I even swept a little after my hubby edged the pool bed. It's amazing how much effort it takes to get up and move. I'm hoping to plant a few more flowers this weekend and pull a few more weeds (after eating my PB toast, of course).

9 down, 10 to go

No comments: