Friday, May 30, 2008

8th Treatment

Okay, 8 treatments done but this is no picnic. I have no appetite at all, and some foods just taste weird. I'm drinking a lot more than I'm eating and that has caused a few intestinal problems if you can guess what I mean. I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 8 pounds. The good news (well, technically, losing 8 pounds is good news to me) is that the side effects haven't been as severe as they were last week. The headache has been the worst part, and even that's bearable. Last night the fever didn't seem to get as high as the night before, and I actually slept rather well. I'm still dealing with lightheadedness which comes and goes. The nurse kept the IV in my hand yesterday with hopes of reusing it today, but it's been bugging me and I'm wondering whether it's going to work. I guess it's really not worth worrying about since there's nothing I can do about it anyway. I'm glad this is it for the week, and I'll be able to call myself halfway through. Really, it's hard to complain too much when I only have to go through this for a month and there are patients at the cancer center who have been going through treatments for years. It could be so much worse. I have to remind myself that I really am one of the lucky ones.

8 down, 11 to go

No comments: