Wednesday, May 28, 2008

6th Treatment

Well, the Memorial Day weekend/holiday was a quiet one. I spent most of Saturday in bed since I was trying to get rid of the rash with Benadryl, and that's where Benadryl puts me. Although I had a slow start on Sunday, I was finally able to get myself going in the afternoon and felt well enough to buy some flowers, go grocery shopping, and even get some flowers planted. Monday I expected to feel even better, but couldn't shake feeling lightheaded and sat more than anything else. Tuesday morning I was back at work, but the lightheadedness persisted and I just couldn't stick it out.

At the treatment, I was told that the lightheadedness was from being dehydrated and I needed to be drinking more. Apparently 1/2 gallon of water a day is not enough and I need to be pushing even more liquids. They said that drinks like Gatorade and Powerade would be alright too, so I'll be adding them after another trip to the grocery store. I had blood work done before treatment, and apparently my numbers all looked really good. They added a steroid to the IV to help with the rash. They kept the IV in my right hand with hopes of re-using it. Even with the liter of fluid I get during the IV, I still felt lightheaded on the way home and even turned down my husband's offer of Rita's. I was fighting a mighty headache and just plopped myself in the family room to wait until my next dose of Tylenol at 6:00. I even kept my sunglasses on till then. I thought I might go to bed around 8:00, but stayed in that same chair until 10:00 when I could take my next dose of Tylenol. You know, I never got the body aches, fever or chills last night! I don't know if it had anything to do with the steroid or not, but I'll be asking. That was quite a gift! Now I need to go drink myself silly (water, of course) to try to get rid of this lightheadedness - enough is enough!

6 down, 13 to go

No comments: