Friday, May 23, 2008

5th Treatment

What a difference a day makes! I dragged myself out of bed this morning and got in another half day at work, and then my hubby drove me to the cancer center for treatment. I had already consumed a quart of water and was working on another pint. I asked them to give me the Benadryl slowly, which they did. I could still feel it go to my head, but not as severely. The nurse used the same vein that was used on Monday, and it burned/stung off and on but there was no swelling this time. I felt tired but good on the ride home, so I asked for a Rita's Italian Ice to celebrate the end of the first week. I was able to really enjoy it without the chills. Once at home I parked myself in front of the TV again and waited for the inevitable. I eventually fell asleep on the sofa before I even felt the aches or fever. I have to remember to haul myself off to the bedroom when I feel that tired so others don't have to tiptoe around me. I woke up around 8:00 with minimal aches, minimal chills, and minimal fever. I'm sure it was the Rita's! Not a bad end to the first week! I'm looking forward to being outside tomorrow.

5 down, 14 to go

No comments: