Friday, July 11, 2008

4th Week of Recovery

I had a checkup with the oncologist today, and my bloodwork is looking good with the numbers back up where they belong. The only side effect that is hanging on are the headaches. She was surprised that my family doctor diagnosed migraines. She would have suspected sinus too because of the swollen lymph nodes. However, the lymph nodes are back to normal and the Midrin for the migraines helps. Besides the two pills I took when I got the prescription, I think I've only taken two more since then - one at bedtime because I didn't want to wake up with the headache any worse than it was, and once after work (since then, I take the pills with me to work). The daily headaches make it to a Tylenol level, but I haven't had any more incidents of spots in front of my eyes. The doctor also asked about the last time I had my eyes checked, but I know it has been within the last year.

My followup CT scan is scheduled for next month with a return visit to the oncologist a few weeks later. I guess I'm going to have to keep my fingers crossed for the next few years.

No comments: