Monday, September 1, 2008

Beginning exercise program

This morning my husband and I began our new fitness routine in an effort to lose a few inches and pounds. We walked the neighborhood for about 30 minutes (1.59 miles). After getting back I could feel the swelling in my ankle and in the area of the first surgery (lower leg). Taking off my tightly laced sneakers seemed to help a little. Now, about ten hours later, it's still swollen, but not a lot (well, not more than usual when I'm on my feet a lot). I don't even think it's worth wearing the compression stocking, but I will probably need to re-evaluate that continually throughout the week. When you're an active person by nature, it's quite difficult to sit for prolonged periods of time with your leg elevated which I haven't done at all today. Since this week is supposed to be quite warm, swimming might be a good alternative.

No comments: