Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Six month checkup

Hmmm, funny thing - until I just now read my entry from August, I forgot that my doctor said that I wouldn't need a CAT scan unless my bloodwork warranted the need, and I ended up calling their office a few weeks before yesterday's appointment asking about a CAT scan appointment. I guess I confused them, because they went ahead and scheduled one. The scan was last week.

Yesterday at my 6-month checkup, my bloodwork was great. However, they're looking at a lymph node deep in my chest that had changed since my last CAT scan 6 months ago. Now I'm scheduled for a PET next Wednesday morning so they can get a better idea of what's up. "Luckily" I have a 1-year-old PET to compare it against. Since my bloodwork was good, how bad can it be, right? On the other hand, if I hadn't had the CAT scan, then what?

This cancer business is pretty tricky, and it's knocking me around again. It's once again lingering around every single thought, sitting right beside my daily routines, reminding me with my waking thoughts and making me wonder as I fall asleep. It took more than two years to get it out of my consciousness on a daily basis, and just like that it's back. Damn!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for blogging, i just finished the one month interferon, and am in my first week of the 11 month shots at home. you were right, there's not info on the experiance, you wrote exactly how mine went also, the fatigue is unreal!!! God Bless, keep the blog going!

jennifer
ohio

Mama Fox said...

Thanks for putting this info out there. Today I was told by my doctor he can't decide whether I should just be monitored very closely or if I should be prescribed with a year of interferon. Either decision scares the crap out of me. I really appreciate that you put all this out there. It's already an incredible comfort just being able to read someone else's experience. Thank you so much.
Emi

mposto87 said...

Hi,

I am contacting you on behalf of the Mesothelioma Center at Asbestos.com. I was wondering if you would be interested in our organization contributing an article about mesothelioma cancer for your site. Mesothelioma is a rare cancer that appears in the lining of the lungs, heart and stomach. Our goal is to bring awareness to this disease and prevent future cases by educating the public about the dangers of asbestos. Additionally we work 1-on-1 with individuals and their families to help them find local doctors, treatment centers and support groups. We have a team of knowledgeable writers that would love to write original content about the topic for your website and its visitors.

If this is something you would be
interested in or if you have any questions please let me know. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
Mike Postorino
National Awareness Director
Mesothelioma Center at Asbestos.com
mpostorino@asbestos.com

Richard said...

I discovered your blog today, well over a year since your last post. Thank you for publishing this blog - how're things going?

Unknown said...

Stopped the interferon after 9 months. Had stroke in left eye ,may have been caused by interferon. This interferon is brutal. Be sure to have someone to help with your billing, got screwed by my cancer doc's offfice.

Debbie Wallace said...

All thanks to Doctor James herbal mix medicine for using his herbal medicine to cure my MELANOMA DISEASE I suffered for years and it almost circulated all over my body and I seek for natural treatment. I found on the internet that Dr James uses his herbal medicine to cure many of people from the virus and I contacted him on his Email [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com]. And he said he is going to help me ,after 2 days of reaching him.he prepared his herbal soap and medicine ans sent to me,and I used the medicine as he told me for 15 days,my skin cancer was cued and disappeared just as he told me it will after the use of his medicine which i never doubted him . At least his treatment cured me completely from melanoma disease. Hopefully it will be helpful for you as it happened with me. Dr. James herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. I'm shearing my testimony to reach out to anyone suffering from this horrible skin virus should contact. or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes,cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer,skin cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Autism,Lung disease. Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis. Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis ,Tach Diseases,Lupus,
Dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN /.CONTACT EMAIL : drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com